Sunday, February 7, 2010

Follow Up


On my follow up I was able to visit some galleries that i missed the first night. I was able to visit Bunny Gunner which it's name and sign alone attracted me. The sign it self is a piece of art. its a creative and funny sight. The art inside that gallery was pretty cool it self, mostly the black and white designs.

I wanted to go back to the dA to get the name of the piece of art i posted on my first blog, but it was closed, so i will talk about another eye catching work of art. the following is Sweets for Sweets by Leslie A. Brown.













This has 3 panels as you can see it is divided into 3 parts. To me this seems like just random thing coming together to make a masterpiece. I have no idea how the different objects from the painting relate, but the artist did a damn good job of putting them together.


On my way home from walking around i decided to stop by The Frame House again and there I found my favorite artwork from this whole experience. On the first night i went through the Frame House really quick and just focused on the back wall of the paintings pomigrantes that i missed out on the others around it. Which reminds me, the name of the pomegrantes from my first post is Pomegrante Study. it was an oil canvass painting.

As i was talking to an employee there he told me that the money they make from the art would go to Aids Alliance, which I though was pretty cool

and now my favorite piece of art...



This is Sunset by Kathy Spear. I did not see thing on the first night. But this is my favorite. Its a picture of a woman with her back turned and looking into the distance. I like the color scheme. The colors seem to combine well with each other. I feels as if you are looking at a real sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment