Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Norton Simon

I got a chance to visit the Norton Simon. I have never noticed it was in Pasadena, let alone on Colorado since I am always there in Old Town Pasadena. It was a great experience, I have been to museums before, but that was when I was younger and was just following my parents around. But this time I was able to experience the museum in a whole new way. I was able to look at the art and appreciate it or dislike it some of the art. A I made my way through the galleries I found myself gazed upon the Portraits gallery, especially the Picasso Portraits. I was intrigued by they how abstract his art was.

The following are Pablo Picasso's work:
This is"Portrait of Arthur Rimbaud" by Pablo Picasso. For an artist of Picasso's caliber, this seems like its too simple compared to the other of his portraits. But this is Picasso for you, simple but abstract. This is so simple even i can draw this, but the artist Picasso is a master so mine wouldn't turn out as good as his.

This next Picasso art is "Portrait of a Woman." Compared to the above portrait by Picasso, this is much more abstract. I was so intrigued by how complex and colorful Picasso's work. There was a whole all dedicated to Picasso's portraits which were all amazing. I like the fact that this doesnt look like a real human, but a mixture many different shapes and patterns.



This one is "Woman with a Guitar" By Pablo Picasso. This was not in the portraits section, but when I saw this at first glance I though to myself "this has to be Picasso." And it was. When I looked a the title, i asked "Where is the woman?" It took me a while to look and study this painting. I think this one was my favorite from the museum.



The following art is something I have to question. Is this art?

This is by Josef Albers titles "Homage to the Square/Red series." Come on now, its just red squares. Where is the beauty in a red square? where is the intriguing factor? I don't see it. I definitely didnt like this one.


This concludes my museum blog. As you can see, I really like Picasso's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment